We all have to go somewhere every day – to work, to school, to the supermarket, etc. To get where we have and want to, we usually use some transportation, but in most cases, we use cars. For cars we need fuel. Fuel pollutes our environment. But, is there a way that can help us to pollute our environment less? Well, we will soon find out.
Fuel polishing is the technical process of cleaning that is used to filter or remove contamination from hydrocarbon fuel and oil. It is a removal of microbial contamination, water, and sediment from a fuel such as red diesel, biodiesel, and diesel. This kind of contaminated fuel is known as diesel or fuel bugs that are build up trough the time in fuels that are stored if they are not treated or tested on a regular basis.
After some time that fuel spends in storage, it is possible for sediment, pools of sludge and water to develop and they are caused by microbial contamination. This kind of contamination can get into fuel easily. If they are untreated, the level of contamination can get worse to that point where it is likely for pumps, machinery, and engines to get damaged because microbes get to the fuel easily, and that is how problems that are growing are caused.
So, this is why it is good to consider using fuel polishing. Many advantages are there. Fuel polishing services are going to ensure quality fuel for your vehicle. Fuel polishing represents the process of making your fuel usable again which affects your budget in a good way, by spending less money on buying fuel. Not only you won’t spend that much money on buying fuel, but it will also keep the engine and other parts clean and safe.
Fuel polishing goes trough process that contains eight steps.
– Step one – this is the step where diesel fuel is getting tested to define the level of contamination and the water content.
– Step two – suitable machines are used to maximize filtration, depending on the size of a tank. Fuel polishing or filtration is conducted at the speed that is correlated to the size of the tank.
– Step three – the fuel is being removed even from the lowest tank parts and is being put through a sequence of centrifuges and filters, after which the cleaned fuel is being returned to the tank.
– Step four – the fuel is being retested according to standards of the industry.
– Step five – a part where additives are being added if there are deficiencies that could be found.
– Step six – another testing of the fuel for showing the quality of the fuel.
– Step seven – the last inspection is being made just to make sure that there is no leaking.
– Step eight – the next appointment is being scheduled for routine maintenance.
So, this is how the fuel polishing looks like and why it is good to start doing it. If you have any questions that need to be answered or for more information, please feel free to contact us.